PRAISE FOR FUSION ECONOMICS
- “Fusion Economics is an extraordinary interweaving of personal experience and far-sighted economic and ecological thinking which may very well hold the key to China’s future.”
- —John Simpson, Word Affairs Editor, BBC News
- “Brahm is a rare combination of world class economist and hands-on entrepreneur.
A down-to-earth pragmatist, he has been economic advisor to major Asian heads of government. Fusion Economics will contribute greatly to revitalizing sagging economies.”
- —John Naisbitt, author of Megatrends
- “With Fusion Economics, Brahm takes on an impossible task—and succeeds.
He weaves the profanity of modern economics into a tangible narrative which perfectly describes our social-ecological auto-destruct and then forges not only a bypass but an entire heart-transplant. People and planet should salute this noble offering.”
- —Sacha Stone, Founder of Humanitad and the New Earth Project
- “Brahm does not simply offer a new economic model or provide fast answers to the dilemma of our global economic and environmental crisis. His story helps us look at problems differently as part of an interconnected matrix, inspiring us to find the answers ourselves in each of our own communities and cultures. It is about using indigenous knowledge, practical solutions and not just theory, community empowerment, and the power of diversified localization—concepts clearly outlined in this book.”
- —Dr. Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary General of UNCTAD from 2005-2013 and former WTO Director-General
- “Laurence Brahm’s Fusion Economics presents his innovative and systemic analysis of the main issues that are shaping the global future and what is needed to deal with them. All of us who share these concerns must also join in support of the peaceful revolution for which this book is such a comprehensive and enlightening guide.”
- —Maurice Strong, former UN Under Security General, Convener of the 1992 UN Earth Summit
- “Brahm is one of those unsung heroes who was changing the world for the better and influencing various governments long before ecological economics and social enterprise became fashionable. His proven focus on community development and revolutionary blends of state planning and market incentives are precisely what we need. This is a practical and spiritual book that should be required reading among those intent on creating collaborative economies and social enterprises.”
- —Robert David Steele, CEO, Earth Intelligence Network
and author of The Open-Source Everything Manifesto